A quality property management company is well worth the cost. These companies can add value to your rental investment. They also make renting a lot less stressful for landlords.
As a landlord, you’ve got a lot of work to do on your own. From tenant screening to preparing lease documents, your plate is quite full!
Looking to ease the workload and stress associated with managing rental properties? If so, now is the time to consider a property management company.
Read on to learn 5 benefits of using a company to help manage your rental properties.
1. Screening Conducted by Professionals
Finding high-quality tenants can be hard when it’s a one person job. You have to sift through dozens of applications and then run background checks.
A management company makes this process so much easier!
A company with screening experience knows how to quickly filter candidates. With the right company, you can count on tenants that:
- Are easy to work with
- Pay rent on time
- Rent for longer periods of time
- Treat your house respectably
Having quality tenants gives you peace of mind!
2. Maintenance and Repair Assistance
Have you ever gotten a call at 3 A.M. from a tenant who was having heating or water issues? As the landlord, if there’s a problem with the house, tenants come to you.
But, with a property manager, you’re no longer the go-to person. Instead, all issues go directly to the property manager.
This erases the on-call stress that comes with being a landlord.
3. Lowered Risk of Legal Problems
A troublesome tenant is a landlord’s worst nightmare. Legal issues involving landlord-tenant issues can be messy.
As a landlord, odds are you aren’t well-versed in the legal side of things. But a property manager is!
You can depend on a manager to know the latest landlord-tenant laws. A property manager can also assist with:
- Terminating a lease
4. Avoid long vacancy cycles
Long vacancy cycles mean money lost on your end. A property manager will work to ensure your home always has a tenant.
You can expect a property manager to:
- Market your home effectively. The renting market is always full of competition, so your home needs to stand out in the crowd.
- Suggest and oversee cosmetic improvements to maximize your monthly revenue. Cosmetic improvements will increase your home’s curbside appeal.
- Determine the best rental rate. If your rental rate is too low, you’re losing money. If it’s too high, you’re likely to have a harder time finding tenants.
5. Tax Assistance
Did you know that certain rental costs are deductible? Do you know that you have to claim rental income on your taxes?
Rental costs and claims come with a lot of nuances. Don’t risk filing your taxes incorrectly!
Instead, hire a property manager who can help when tax season rolls around.
Property Management You Can Trust
We understand the risks associated with renting your home. We also know how time-consuming the process can be. Let us help you!
At Clockwork Property Management, we tackle the tough work. No matter if you’re renting a single-family home or a condo, we can assist.
Contact us today to learn about our services.