Jurupa Valley is a city in the northwest corner of Riverside County, California. It was the location of one of the earliest non-native settlements in the county, Rancho Jurupa. The Rancho was initially an outpost of the Mission San Gabriel Arcángel, then a Mexican land grant in 1838. The name is derived from a Native American village that existed in the area prior to the arrival of Europeans. The city of Jurupa Valley covers approximately 43.5 square miles (113 km2), and had a population of 105,053 as of the 2020 census. It is bordered by the cities of Eastvale, Norco, and Riverside in Riverside County and the cities of Ontario, Fontana, Rialto, and Colton in neighboring San Bernardino County.