What are your hours of operation?
Mon - Friday 9am - 5pm
Company Contact Information
Who do I call for General Questions?
Who do I call for maintenance questions?
Can Clockwork help me purchase a property?
Absolutely! Clockwork is a full realty Brokerage office and employees several licensed and experienced Real Estate Agents. Our agents are happy to look for investments properties for you.
Can Clockwork help me sell my property?
Absolutely! Clockwork is a full realty Brokerage office with licensed Realtors who can help you by or sell.
How soon can Clockwork start managing my property?
We can start the process immediately. Contact us today so we can find out more about you and your property. You can email us at email@example.com or call us at 909-548-0044 ext 2.
Should I self manage my rental property?
You need to ask yourself if you are willing to educate yourself on tenant landlord law, contract law, regularly monitoring the changes in these laws and the complexities of self-management. Making a mistake or dealing with a problem tenant can cost you 20x the cost of professional management. Some questions to ask yourself: Can you stick to policies and procedures? Are you versed on how to deal with a problem tenant and the eviction process? Are you knowledgeable about tenant landlord law and regulations? If there is an emergency at the property and you are not available do you have a back up plan and contact for the tenant? Do you have a network of vendors that are vetted that can provide quality service at fair prices? Do you know how to professionally screen tenants? Are you able to enforce lease terms, collect late fees and prepare legal notices if the tenant does not pay? Do you have procedures in place for proper accounting and managing security deposit funds? What is your time worth? If you answered NO to any of these questions it may be worthwhile to have a conversation.
What Questions should I ask a property management company?
- Do they have a professional website?
- Do they have a good online reputation with Google and Yelp? Is their overall rating 4 stars or higher?
- How quickly are calls and emails responded to?
- Do they belong NARPM (National Association of Property Management).
- Are there any setup fees or miscellaneous fees that are not disclosed on their website?
- Do they offer service guarantees?
- When are owner distribution payments made and how often?
- Do they have an online portal for owners and tenants?
- How transparent are they?
- How do they advertise your property?
- What makes them different than other property management companies?
- What are their average days on the market for vacant homes?
- What is the average rent amount for all the properties they manage?
- What is their eviction rate?
- What is their average make-ready time frame?
- Do they upcharge on maintenance?
What is your Management Fee?
We offer 3 plans to fit our clients needs
- Full Service Plan:
- Mgt Fee: $55 monthly + 2% of rents collected ($99 minimum charge).
- Tenant Placement Fee: 35% of one month’s rent.
- Real Estate Agent commission: 10% of one month’s rent.
- Premium Service: $55 monthly +4% of rents collected ($99 minimum charge)
- Tenant Placement Fee: $150
- Real Estate Agent commission: 10% of one month’s rent
- Platinum Service: $250 per month
- Tenant Placement Fee: $35% of one month’s rent
- Real Estate Agent Commission: 10% of one month’s rent
- Platinum Services offers Rent Loss Protection, Eviction Protection and Malicious Damage Protection.
What do I get for my management fees from Clockwork?
- Attend to daily tenant and owner inquiries via telephone, email, portal and fax
- Timely rent collection
- Accounting for rent funds, security deposits and pet deposits
- Security deposit chargeback processing
- 24-7 Emergency service hotline
- Rental analysis and home valuation reporting
- Preparing annual year end income/expense statements & IRS 1099 Forms
- Conducting lease showing appointments, inspections and vendor repairs
- Vacant unit inspection reports
- Move in inspection report documents, pictures & video
- Move out inspection report documents, pictures & video
- The latest technology in leasing
- Tenant screening and placement
- Preparation of lease documents
- Service of legal notices
- Court appearances if necessary
- Homeowner insurance claim management
- Home Warranty Insurance coordination
- Lease enforcement with tenants
- Enforcement of HOA Violations
- Bill payment services (HOA Dues, utility bills, etc.)
- Organizing maintenance repairs and soliciting estimates
- Copying/scanning invoices and attaching documents to owners portal
- Conducting annual lease renewal inspections
- Negotiating rents and processing lease renewals
- Property investment consultation and representation
- Professional offices with the latest technology and property management tools
- Monthly statements and electronic owner distribution payments
- Less than 0.05% eviction rate
- Highly skilled staff including Licensed Realtors, Property Managers, Licensed Broker, Licensed Leasing Agents and much more…
- We are members of NARPM the National Association of Residential Property Managers
What types of properties do you manage?
We manage single family homes, condominiums and small apartment complexes 15 units or less.
Can I meet you before I sign the management Agreement?
Yes. We prefer to meet prior to signing the contract. This allows us to evaluate your property, provide you with the rental analysis and answer any questions so you can make an informed decision.
What is the Tenant Placement Fee?
This fee covers preparing your home for rent, marketing & advertising, showing appointments, screening, executing lease contracts and collecting funds.
How do you market my property?
Marketing and advertising are posted on the Multiple Listing System (MLS) used by all California Realtors,Rentlinx and our website. The MLS has over 23,000 agents and over 50,000 views per day and syndicates with 100+ websites. Rentlinx syndicates with multiple websites and our company website connects to hundreds of additional websites including Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, Homes.com, etc. We also work with local Realtors, insurance companies, relocation companies and place a For Rent sign in the yard.
Want needs to be done to make my property Rent Ready?
Major appliances need to be in working order, fire alarms in each bedroom & main living areas, and one carbon monoxide detector on each level. All health & safety issues need to be addressed and the carpets and the house need to be professionally cleaned.
Can you help me with estimates and coordinating repairs?
Yes. Due to the volume of business we do with our vendors we have negotiated discounts which get passed on to our clients. We have approved vendors that can do it all (Cleaning, plumbing, painting, HVAC, landscaping etc.)
Are management fees and repairs tax deductible?
Check with your accountant. However, in most cases our fee and repairs are tax deductible.
What is the approval process for a tenant?
We have an 8 step comprehensive screening system that analyzes credit, income and rental history to ensure you receive the most qualified tenant.
Who determines the rent price?
The homeowner determines the rent price. We process a rental analysis report on your property and provide our recommendation for an aggressive price, fair market value and pushing the price. Although, we provide our professional analysis and recommendation the Homeowner makes the final decision.
Is there a cost to process rental applications and the lease?
The applicant is charged a $35 rental application processing fee which consists of a full credit report, income check, criminal and eviction check and rental history verification. There is no charge to the Homeowner.
Who pays for repairs and maintenance?
If the repair is necessary due to natural wear and tear, typically the homeowner is responsible. If the repair is necessary due to tenant negligence the tenant will be billed and homeowner will be reimbursed for repair costs. Before and after pictures of each repair will be taken so our clients can verify any repairs made and that the charges are reasonable and fair.
Should I Self Manage?
Managing the complexities of tenant landlord law can be tricky. First ask yourself the following: Can you stick to your policies and procedures if you have to evict a family? If you cannot follow the proper proceedures and policies you may actually be violating Fair Housing Laws and/or Discrimination Law. Do you understand tenant landlord law and have a process in place for continuing education, are you willing to deal with disgruntled tenants, late payments, emergency maintenance issues etc. Do you know how to properly manage and distribute security deposits to be in compliance. If you have questions or doubts in any of these areas, let's have a conversation.
What type of property do you NOT MANAGE?
We do not manage any properties with conditions that will affect the health and safety of a tenant.
Should I allow pets?
Approximately 70% of all renters in California have a pet. Allowing pets widens your tenant pool, it lowers vacancy rates, tenants with pets tend to rent longer-term and protections are put in place to protect landlords with Renters Insurance and the Clockwork Pet Guarantee.
How do you send payments?
We pay owners each month on the 8th of each month and periodically as needed.
How do I receive payments and statements?
Payments are directly deposited into landlords account.